Friday, 16 December 2016

ERR_SPDY_INADEQUATE_TRANSPORT_SECURITY on using Chrome on DEV box

I recently downloaded the new Update 3 box for Dynamics for Operations which was on windows 2016. I installed Chrome and got this strange error.

ERR_SPDY_INADEQUATE_TRANSPORT_SECURITY

After some searching and trial and error. Here is my workaround/solution.

I used IISCrypto to disable SSL 2.0. Make sure to reboot afterwards.

image

These are a couple of links that helped me.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/835100aa-1996-4300-95aa-a322b49a145a/win2016srv-http-20-errspdyinadequatetransportsecurity?forum=windowsazuredevelopment

http://www.tecfused.com/2016/10/err_spdy_inadequate_transport_security-server-2016/

Don’t ask me why or what. This is a rough fix that worked for me. I am not sure if I broke anything else. I just wanted to use some chrome tools.
 

4 comments:

ms dynamics said...

Hello!
Thank you so much for advice and for sharing this links, it all helped me a lot. I had the same error, but now everything works properly.

Martin Walker said...

Thank you for this, it was very helpful. I think Chrome may have become even stricter with its cipher blacklist recently, because today, using Chrome 57.0.2987.133 to access a D365fO v1611 PU4 demo VM, your suggestion was not sufficient by itself. I used Fiddler to determine which Ciphers were requested/supported by Chrome and found that if I also enabled and prioritized (using IIS Crypto) TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384 and TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256 it started working ok. Hopefully this will save someone else some time.

Martin Walker said...

Quick follow-up form my previous comment: I just went through this again with PU5, and in addition to the 2 ciphers I mentioned above, I enabled TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256. And I think that one alone, if the highest priority, would probably do the trick, though I didn't test just that, and your mileage may vary.

Munib Ahmed said...

Thanks Martin.
I think it will work. I saw the other day mentioned on the Microsoft yammer group.

Hope it helps others.