Friday, 28 April 2017

Troubleshooting web service authentication Dynamics 365 for Operations

In this post I just wanted to highlight the event viewer logs on a developer box. Make good use of it – not just for web services but for most errors.

Below is a recently problem I was troubleshooting.

I was working on the Microsoft github integration project to do a proof of concept using odata. I had problems with the authentication. I was able to retrieve the token from Azure AD however the odata authentication piece failed with D365O.

I got this error “Microsoft.OData.Client.DataServiceClientException: Unauthorized” 

image

In debug I got down to this “Unknown user type” error.

image

So, after looking at the event viewer. Expand Applications and Service Logs > Microsoft > Dynamics > AX-IntegrationCommon > Operational

image

image

From the error I found that the tenant which is blurred was different. I had 2 Azure subscription.

All I had to do what runt he Admin Provisioning tool against the tenant I wanted to do the integration with. Then all worked fine.

Another way I could have done this troubleshooting is by using Fiddler. Maybe in the next blog.

Reference:

3 comments:

Santosh kumar Singh said...

Nice post and good quality contents keep it up.Feel free to give me some tips for my blog

http://daynamicsaxaptatutorials.blogspot.in/

Anonymous said...

I had a similar problem a couple of weeks ago, and I couldn't fix it on my own, even the IT team gave up. Thank god there was Anegis Consulting to help us! Visit my website to find out more about them.

Budiyanto said...

Hi,
I'm trying using D365FO downloaded from Microsoft Connect.
I want to try SOAP service downloaded from GitHub, however I can't direct just run it.
It just throw an error seems like the account is not valid, where should I generate the account?

Error messsage "An unhandled exception of type 'System.AggregateException' occurred in mscorlib.dll"

I try generate from Azure also not able to login.