Last year I did a plug for a colleague who had developed this super nice solution which you can use to expose your AIF SOAP services as RESTful services. http://dynamicsnavax.blogspot.com.au/2016/04/expose-ax-2012-aif-services-soap-as.html
Fabio has done a great job in sharing a great piece of work and also documenting it really well. What is missing is to take it to the next level.
So, in a series of posts, I will show how to deploy this to Azure via Azure Api App and communicate with your on premise AOS.
There are many benefits to this solution in the cloud
- Integration with Azure Logic Apps – this uses swagger and Logic Apps will work really nicely
- Expose for 3rd parties to securely integrate with your AX solution
- No need setting up complicated IIS/Firewalls/DMZ servers etc.
- Use Azure Authentication without a need to build anything
- Scale easily with the cloud
- Allows you to build mobile apps