Monday, 6 June 2011

How to run AX2012 HyperV on Virtualbox (Hardware Virtualization)

In my last post "How to run AX2012 HyperV on Virtualbox (Step by step guide)" I wrote how you can run a HyperV image using Virtualbox.
If these steps don't work for you, there are a few things to check:



1. Mount the vhd disks using IDE controllers. Not SATA, which is the VirtualBox default if you use the wizard.
Follow instruction below exactly– don’t make the mistake of clicking next -> next. Wizard will set it up as SATA controllers.


2. Hardware virtualization must be turned on your PC/Laptop. This is a BIOS setting. Have a look at this link as it may assist.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/support/configure-bios.aspx
You may want to run Microsoft® Hardware-Assisted Virtualization Detection Tool to check if it is enabled. You should get a message like this:

3. Lastly, Hardware virtualization may not work if you computer has gone into hibernation or sleep mode. You have to reboot your machine.


9 comments:

James Flavell said...

SATA works you just need to boot first time with IDE and let W2008 install the VB SATA drivers and let it reboot and then stop the VB and remvoe the VHD (but not delete from disk of course) and then reattch as SATA. Make sure the OS VHD is on the first SATA port of the VB otheriwse it wont boot)

SATA is recommended for VB (see in their online help) as it gives much better performance

Munib said...

That's great. I will give it a go.
Thanks James

Erik Kornerup said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erik Kornerup said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erik Kornerup said...

I have tried the settings. I have modified the hosts file as described both with sharepoint entry and dynamics.contoso.com but I can't get the rolecenters to work. I have reset the IIS.

Any clues form anyone?

santhu said...

Excellent Information..It worked for me... Thanks for sharing the step by step procedure....

santhu said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
santhu said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
santhu said...

May I know can I test this practically and check if I can use this process without upgrading my RAM physically?

I have read that we can use our PENDRIVE as RAM....

http://www.wikihow.com/Use-Pen-Drive-As-RAM

Will it works??? Any idea :P

23 July 2013 20:42 Delete